Agreement to Direct Union Dues to Charity
This Agreement is between the union member identified below (“Client”) and ChooseCharity (“CC”). As used herein, references to CC include all of its agents, employees, volunteers, board members, independent contractors acting at its direction, and attorneys.
- CONDITIONS. This Agreement will not take effect, and CC will have no obligation to provide services to Client, until the Client consents by submitting this form below and CC e-mails a confirming response.
- SCOPE OF SERVICES. CC will provide services for the following matter: assist in having union dues designated to a qualified charity.
- CLIENT’S DUTIES. Client agrees to have his or her union dues redirected to charity.
- DISCHARGE AND WITHDRAWAL. Client, by written instrument, may discharge CC at any time. CC may withdraw for good cause or with the consent of Client. “Good cause” includes, but is not limited to, Client’s breach of this agreement, his/her refusal to cooperate or to follow CC’s advice on a material matter, withholding of a material fact, or any fact or circumstance that would render CC’s continuing involvement unlawful or unethical.
- DISCLAIMER OF GUARANTEE AND ESTIMATES. Nothing in this agreement and nothing in CC’s statements to Client will be construed as a promise or guarantee about the outcome of the matter. CC makes no such promises or guarantees. CC’s comments about the outcome of the matter are expressions of opinion only.
- MALPRACTICE INSURANCE DISCLOSURE. Client understands that CC is not a legal organization and as such does not carry errors and omissions insurance or other forms of malpractice insurance.
- GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of California. The venue for any dispute shall be the County of Orange.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement contains the entire Agreement of the parties. No other agreement, statement or promise made on or before the effective date of this Agreement will be binding on the parties.
- SEVERABILITY IN EVENT OF PARTIAL INVALIDITY. If any provision of this Agreement is held in whole or in part to be unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of that provision and of the entire Agreement will be severable and remain in effect.
- MODIFICATION BY SUBSEQUENT AGREEMENT. This Agreement may be modified by subsequent Agreement of the parties only by an instrument in writing signed by both of them, or by an oral agreement only to the extent that the parties carry it out.
- The date for this Agreement shall be the date CC, or its authorized representative, sends an email confirming consent to assist the client. This Agreement shall not be binding on the parties prior to the dispatch of said email by CC consenting to represent the Client.
THE PARTIES HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE FOREGOING TERMS AND AGREE TO THEM.
By pressing “SUBMIT” the Client consents to this Agreement with ChooseCharity. Client also represents, under the penalty of perjury, that Client is submitting his or her real, legal name and is not submitting any knowingly false or fictitious information to CC. Violators who misrepresent their identity will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.